Just because you have diabetes doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy life, eat well, and live healthy!
Tell Me What to Eat If I Have Diabetes begins with a detailed, but non-technical overview of diabetes, specifically Type II diabetes. Elaine clearly presents the latest medical findings on what causes diabetes, available treatments, and the dietary implications of this disease. This revised edition of Tell Me What to Eat If I Have Diabetes includes:
• How to use an individualized carbohydrate budget.
• Practical tips to lower dangerous blood lipids.
• Quick guide to understanding and using the glycemic index and glycemic load.
• Revolutionary fiber tips (because you can’t talk about carbohydrates, Type II diabetes, and great health without factoring in fiber).
• A list of new foods that may actually help people with Type IIdiabetes.
• Everything you need to know about alternative sweeteners.
What’s new in this edition?
• An updated section on trans-fatty acids and how to be a “trans-fat” detective.
• A new section on smart snacking.
• The 10 food steps to freedom.
• The latest research and findings on diet and Type II diabetes.
• The key steps that have been particularly successful for weight loss in people with Type II diabetes.
Tell Me What to Eat If I Have Diabetes includes dozens of healthful, practical, mouth-watering recipes, plus supermarket and restaurant advice. The recipes all include familiar, easy-to-find ingredients, and involve minimal preparation time.
Elaine Magee, MPH, RD, is the author of the celebrated syndicated column “The Recipe Doctor.” She is a frequent guest on Portland’s morning show AM Northwest. Magee is a regular contributor to Parenting magazine and the author of 10 previous books on nutrition and cooking, including the best-selling Fight Fat and Win, as well as other titles in the Tell Me What to Eat Series, covering Diabetes, IBS, Menopause, Colon Cancer, and Breast Cancer.
EISBN 9781601639356 Available as an EBook through Kindle